I’ve been doing commissioned work for the bonded bronze retail industry for the past twenty years. For the main part the subject matter has been Irish historical and sporting figures.
However, there have been some notable “special” commissions where my personal input involved working with committees to design and create a sculptural piece that would embody the various qualities of the corporate identity and other visual messages they wished to express. These would be limited volume pieces where budgets and deadlines were key components.
Feel free to contact me if you feel your club or your company would like to celebrate something special with a unique gift that will be cherished forever.
Irish Navy – Anglo Irish Bank – Ptsb – A.G.S.I. – Carbery Plastics – Sinn Fein – O’Brien & O’Flynn Builders – Glen Rovers Hurling Club – Galway Sports Star of the Year Award – Nescafe – Dept.of Education – Setanta Sports writer of the Year Award – Rally of the Lakes – Irish Guide Dogs Association
- The Donal O’Donovan minor county football championship cup/trophy (aluminium)
- A bronze plaque of Hank Krabbe to honour the founder of Analog Devices in Limerick.
- Outdoor mural (historical context) for the Sextant Bar (Cork)
- Eleven foot Bronze and steel erection commissioned by the Irish Fisheries Board for a public park in Ringaskiddy Co. Cork.
- Tony Canny Memorial Trophy commissioned by Monkstown Yacht Club.
- Perpetual Trophy for Kinsale Yacht Club
- Sixteen life size models for the National Wax Museum.
- Six and a half foot figurative sculpture for the Bodega Bar in Cork.
- Two thirty square foot high relief murals of Christy Ring the hurler and Mick Barry the Bowler for the Bodega Bar Cork.
- Fifteen square foot high relief mural of Teddy McCarthy the Cork hurler for The Castle Bar in Glanmire Cork.
- Four foot bronze sculpture of volunteer in Irish Citizen Army uniform in Rotunda Hospital
- Life size bronze of Cu Cuchulainn in foyer of Colaiste Pobail Setanta, Clonee
- Bronze presentation piece for Cork Film Festival
- Five foot circular crest (copy of original Cunard Steamship Company crest) for exterior of new Cunard Museum in Cobh
- Four and a half foot bust (heroic size) of Juno Ludovisi for a private client in Tipperary
- Two life size figures outside the Kingsley Hotel in Cork
Contact Brendan at 00 353 (0) 87 412 3490